[LDM #YGA-963195]: Future LDM feature request

Gilbert,

> And actually, it crashes the entire LDM. Additionally, we also
> discovered...
>
> /bin/bash -l -c '/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin check >check.log 2>&1' || mail -s
> 'ldmadmin check problem LDM may not be running' address@hidden
> address@hidden <check.log
>
> This works if the ldm is shut down. It *doesn't* send out an email
> if the LDM has crashed (IE, shut down uncleanly). When I did an ldmadmin
> stop and manually ran the command in a bash shell, it worked.

Odd. I just tried that scenario (crontab(1)-executed "ldmadmin check" with a
crashed LDM) and it worked fine.

What's the LDM user's login shell? csh(1)? bash(1)? If it's not bash(1), then
the LDM user's environment might not be correctly set by the bash(1) profile
files. If it's csh(1), then try this replacement for the crontab(1) entry:

    echo 'bin/ldmadmin check' | csh -l >/check 2>&1 || mail -s '"ldmadmin
check" problem' address@hidden address@hidden <check.log

It's been a long time since I've done any csh(1) scripting, so you might have
to experiment with this entry.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: YGA-963195