[LDM #WEK-401659]: ldm-6.10.0 info

Gerry,

> On building 6.10.0 this morning, I didn't get rsyslog particularly happy
> with the config/make scripting. This was on a new install on Scientific
> Linux 6.1, which is very similar to CentOS, and of course, RHEL.
>
> Specifically, when I ran through the process, /etc/rsyslog.conf had this
> added:
> ${LOG_LDM}.debug       ${LDM_LOGFILE}
>
> No usable logging for LDM occurred, although an empty
> ~ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log was created.
>
> When I commented out the previous line and added:
> local0.debug                         /usr/local/ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log
>
> and restarted rsyslog, all was happy.

Huh! I tried to reproduce your problem on our Linux 2.6.18 system but couldn't.
I'm afraid I don't know what to make of it.

Any chance of removing the syslog.conf entries and redoing the installation
from scratch to see if it happens again?

> I'm unlikely to test to Gilbert's standards, but this reflects my
> finding. Of course, the possibility exists that I did something wrong
> along the way...
>
> See you next week!

Not if I see you first! :-)

> gerry
> --
> Gerry Creager -- address@hidden
> Texas Mesonet -- AATLT, Texas A&M University
> Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983
> Office: 7607 Eastmark Drive, Suite 112, College Station, TX 77840

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: WEK-401659
Department: Support LDM