[Support #OTX-137293]: LDM on RHEL6 in a RHEL6 VM

Hi Greg,

re:
> SPC is using RHEL6 and the KVM (Virtual Machine) software that comes
> with RHEL6.  I suspect it will work fine.

This comment makes us think that we misinterpreted your original question.
We have run Fedora 14 Linux as a virtual machine in VMware Player that
is running under Windows (XP and 7).  We have also run several Unidata
applications in virtual machines running in Xen under Fedora Linux.

If you are already running RHEL, why would you run the LDM in a virtual
machine?

re:
> Have you heard of any LDM
> users who have used this configuration (RHEL6 VM)?

We have not heard of anyone doing this, but we suspect that it would work
fine. The real question is why not run in the RHEL host?

Ticket ID: OTX-137293
Department: Support LDM