20111228: [ldm-users] LDM 6.10.1 with Cygwin

Hi Jeffery,

re:
>Good Afternoon,
>
>I did a lot of searching and I can't seem to find a good document on how to
>get ldm to run in a Cygwin environment.

To my knowledge, nobody has succeeded in getting the LDM running under
Cygwin.  I can tell you, however, that one can run the LDM very nicely
in a Linux VMware virtual machine hosted on Windows 7... I run this
configuration (Fedora 14 virtual machine in VMware Player) on my Win7
laptop all of the time.

re:
>I'm currently running windows 2008 R2 and would like to get LDM installed
>using Cygwin. Can you guys point me to a good document for me to try?

If someone has succeeded in doing this, we hope that s/he will share
the procedure with everyone.

re:
>Thanks in advance for your help!
>
>Jeffrey Frasure
>Datacenter Administrator
>Earth Networks, INC  (formerly AWS Convergence Technologies, INC)

AKA WeatherBug?

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* address@hidden                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*