[LDM #XAT-864036]: Installing woes

Ross,

> I'm attempting to install LDM.
>
> I have created the ldm user, downloaded and unpacked the install
> package, and set up the environment as suggested.
>
> The configuration step appears to have worked:
>
> ./configure --enable-logging=local0 --localstatedir=/var/ldm
> --disable-max-size CC=/usr/bin/gcc CFLAGS=-g >configure.log 2>&1
>

> However, when running make install (or gmake install) I get "*** No rule
> to make target `install'.  Stop."  There does not appear to be a
> Makefile (though there is Makefile.am and Makefile.in).
>
> What am I missing?

The last lines of output from the configure(1) script (file "configure.log")
are these:

> checking for system logging daemon... found
> checking for /etc/rsyslog.conf... no
> checking for /etc/syslog.conf... no
> configure: error: system logging configuration-file not found

They indicate that the configure(1) script couldn't find the configuration-file
for the system logging daemon. Finding it is necessary in order for the script
to modify it for use by the LDM system. Where is it?

> thanks in advance
> Ross Trafford
> Enterprise Electronics Corp.

Regards,