[LDM #LTH-656578]: decoders

Hi Martin,

re:
> I have installed ldm6.10.1 on a new linux box (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu). It
> is working fine for certain data streams,  I am trying to run with decoders
> that have been copied over (binaries) from another machine with same
> $MACHTYPE. I have attached my configure.log as well as the pqact file that
> i have in my ldmd.conf file with an exec command.

First questions:

- presumably, you copied the binaries into a directory that is in the
  PATH for the user running the LDM on the new machine.

  Is this true?

- after copying the binaries, did you verify that they will run successfully
  on the new machine?

  What I have in mind is using the *nix 'ldd' facility to verify that all
  shared libraries needed by the executables are available on the new
  machine.  Here is an example:

  <as 'ldm'>

  -- assuming that the GEMPAK GRIB decoder 'dcgrib2' was copied to the
     ~ldm/decoders directory AND this directory is in the PATH of the
     user 'ldm' AND this file is set to be executable, run:

     ldd ~ldm/decoders/dcgrib2

     What are the results?

- what version of the LDM iss running on your "old" machine?

re:
> The problem I have is that other pqact files appear to work fine as I try
> to write with a ln -s /data data (where I in in $HOME for the ldm). Nothing
> happens with the decoders files.

What does the following look like:

ls -alt ~ldm/var

Ticket ID: LTH-656578