[LDM #LTH-656578]: decoders

Hi Marty,

I hope that the interleaving of Steve's and my replies to your
inquiry are not confusing...

re: read/write/execute permissions on /data

> This is not the issue. It was originally, but we resolved that a while ago.
> The other pqact files that I exec in my ldmd.conf files successfully write
> to /data. (even with my ln turned around?)

OK, but the GEMPAK 'dcgrib2' decoder should create the directory structure(s)
it needs to write its output files.  The fact that you do not see various
directories being created (e.g., /data/logs, /data/gempak, /data/gempak/logs,
etc.) speaks to one of two things:

- the 'dcgrib2' decoder is not actually running

- 'dcgrib2' is running, but it can not create its output

Any chance we could get a login (using SSH) to your machine (as user 'ldm')?  If
yes, please send the pertinent details in separate emails to me at
address@hidden:

- one email with the password for the user 'ldm'  ** with NO mention of
  the account name ('ldm') or machine for which it is valid **

- a separate email with the fully qualified name of your machine and
  its IP address

Ticket ID: LTH-656578
Department: Support LDM