[LDM #BMA-267922]: Limitation of size of product in LDM version 6.10.1?

Charlie,

> While we use ldmsend to send a product with a zero product size, the product
> does not be saved into the product queue. Is there any limitation of
> size of product?

The LDM system can send zero-sized data-products. However, because the MD5
checksum of the data-product will be the same for all such products, you'll
only be able to send it once. After that, you'll have to wait until that
data-product is purged from the product-queue before you can send it again.

One workaround would be to have the data-product contain a timestamp whose
temporal resolution was finer than the minimum time-difference between product
insertions.

Another workaround would be to use "pqinsert -i" (rather than ldmsend(1)) to
insert the zero-sized data-product and then ensure that the product-identifier
was unique.

> Best Regards,
> Charlie Chang

Regards,