[LDM #MUL-274520]: Error running "configure" script

lb,

> We changed the permissions on the config file and it compiled as the ldm
> user.  Started making sense when confirming the log file exists but the error
> indicated it could not find it at the same path.

To discover the name of the system logging daemon configuration-file, the
configure script uses the autoconf(1) AC_CHECK_FILE macro, which tests to see
if the given file is readable. If the protections on the file do not allow the
LDM user to read it, then the configure(1) script will act as if the file
doesn't exist.

You can verify this by searching for the string "checking for /etc/syslog.conf"
in the configure(1) output-file "config.log". I suspect the configure script
didn't find the file.

Can you make the file "/etc/syslog.conf" readable by the LDM user?

> Thanks.
>
> lb

Regards,
Steve Emmerson