[LDM #VWJ-362177]: ldm will not start - hupsyslog issue?

Chris,

> Just installed 6.10.1 on a RHEL machine.  When I try to start the LDM, I
> get this message:
>
> The product-queue is OK.
> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> /home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf: syntactically correct
> hupsyslog: kill -HUP 1810: Permission denied
> new_log(): Couldn't notify system logging daemon
> start_ldm(): Couldn't rotate log files
>
> To me it looks like hupsyslog is set up correctly:
>
> -rwsr-xr-x. 1 root users  11199 Jan 25  2012 hupsyslog

Is SELINUX enabled? The value of the SELINUX parameter in the file
/etc/selinux/config should be "disabled".

Does the O/S honor setuid programs that are owned by root? Execute the command
"mount" and look for something like "nosuid".

> But I did notice that I do not have a rpc.ldmd file in ~bin.  Should I?  On
> another machine (with a working LDM) I have this file.

The name of the LDM server program changed from "rpc.ldmd" to just "ldmd"
beginning with version 6.9.0.

> Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
>
> Chris
>
> --
>
> Dr. Christopher C. Hennon
> Associate Professor