[LDM #PFK-426667]: Load average goes above 10 on weather3.admin.niu.edu running LDM

Gilbert,

[I'm back from the highland games.]

> > It happened because you had a registry.xml configuration set
> > to 'decrease maximum latency'.  This caused the LDM to automatically
> > resize the queue to increase the queue residency time.  I just
> > edited your registry.xml file and set the configuration to what
> > I always use 'do nothing'.  This will stop the LDM from resizing
> > your queue in the future.  Given the low load averages now, I
> > think that keeping your queue to a fixed size, manageable size
> > is what is called for.

A minor correction: if the registry parameter "/reconciliation-mode" is set to
"decrease maximum latency", then the time-offset value for requesting data will
be decreased (e.g., from the default one hour to, say, 30 minutes) in order to
ensure detection of duplicate data-products. Also, the latency threshold for
rejecting a data-product will be reduced to this value, again to avoid
duplicate data-products.

Good work figuring this one out!

> Thanks. Will do that for the others as well.
>
> > Musing: the problem may have appeared because you keep your
> > LDM queue in shared memory...
>
> ..and I ran out of memory! :-(

> Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **