[LDM #MHK-930257]: LDM 6.11.1 won't compile on Solaris 11.1

Robert,

> I was able to ssh and I fixed the ldm passwords. They are what I sent you on
> Friday. I just tested them just to make sure I fixed it.

I partially installed the LDM package. I had to make some minor code changes,
set the PATH environment correctly, explicitly use the c99 compiler, and
disable large-file support:

PATH=/usr/local/ldm/decoders:/usr/local/ldm/util:/usr/local/ldm/bin:/opt/solstudio12.2/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

    ./configure --disable-max-size CC=c99 &>configure.log

I used the bash(1) user-shell, so the above commands use that syntax.

You should modify the setting of PATH in the LDM user's profile-file.

After setting your PATH environment variable correctly, you'll have to execute
the command "make root-actions" as the user "root" in the LDM user's home
directory to complete the installation.

Interesting platform. I'll have to see about supporting it.

Incidentally, one problem I noticed is that the gcc(1) installation is
incompatible with the native C header-files. If you try to compile the file
~ldm/ldm-6.11.1/src/a.c using gcc(1), then you'll see the problem.

> Thanks,
> Robert

Regards,
Steve Emmerson