[LDM #NJE-906346]: LDM Log Time Zone Issue

Justin,

> The ulogger utility does exist...
>
> [dbnet@t10d1 bin]$ ./ulogger -l- test
> Dec 12 14:52:36 Justin.Cooke NOTE: test

I assume that the timestamp in the ulogger(1) output is in UTC.

> Anything else to test or should I put in a ticket with IBM (the
> administrators of our supercomputer) asking that they check out the syslogd?

The ulogger(1) utility uses the same logging library as all the other programs
of the LDM package; consequently, and difference must be due to the system
logging daemon.

One more thing to try: execute the command "ulogger foobar" and then search the
LDM logfile for the string "foobar". If the timestamp of the message is in
local time, then that's conclusive evidence, IMHO, that the problem lies with
the system logging daemon.

Please let me know.

> Justin

Regards,