[LDM #NOL-861690]: rtstats

Michael,

> We've upgraded the main data lines on our two Level II distribution
> servers to gigabit and have gotten approval use some of that extra
> bandwidth to send rtstats back to Unidata.  I have some questions about
> the configuration of our servers and setting up a system to simulate the
> Unidata servers.
>
> I know we'll need to add "exec rtstats -h rtstats.unidata...." to our
> ldmd.conf files.

Correct.

> We've removed the "allow any [a-z].unidata..." line and replaced it with
> two allow statements, "allow NEXRAD2 oliver" and "allow NEXRAD2 emo".

That will allow Oliver and Emo to request NEXRAD2 data-products from you.

> Is that sufficient for you to get rtstats?  Do we add "^rtstats" to our
> allows?  Do we add two more allows for just the rtstats? Or some other
> option?

You don't need any of the above. All you need is the "EXEC rtstats ..." entry
in your LDM configuration-file. That, by itself, will cause rtstats(1)
data-products to be sent to us. We're already set-up to accept incoming
rtstats(1) data-products from you.

rtstats(1) data-products are usually not requested by an LDM (i.e., there's
usually no "REQUEST" entry in an LDM configuration-file for rtstats(1)
data-products). Instead, such data-products are "pushed" by the rtstats(1)
program "out of the blue" to an LDM server that has an "ACCEPT" entry in its
configuration-file that will allow the incoming data-products to be received
and, consequently, processed.

> Also, we'd like to simulate sending the rtstats to the Unidata servers
> in our testbed.  Any hints as to how we should configure the ldmd.conf
> on a system that simulates the Unidata servers would be appreciated.

Use the "-h" option of rtstats(1) to send its data-products to an LDM of yours
that has an appropriate ACCEPT entry, e.g.,

    ACCEPT EXP "^rtstats" "\.gov$"

The rtstats(1) program has a manual page.

> Thanks,
> Mike Weeks * 405-573-3475
> Radar Operations Center
> Norman, OK