[LDM #CVY-225341]: LDM secondary feed issue?

Gilbert,

> Hello Steve,
>
> So, sadly, they snipped the wires last week to my NOAAport dish.
> And when that happened, I had you as a backup. Like so:
>
> request IDS|DDPLUS|HRS|NEXRAD3|NIMAGE ".*" 131.156.129.136
> request IDS|DDPLUS|HRS|NEXRAD3|NIMAGE ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
>
> Guess what? When it went down, the feed from idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> didn't kick in, and I got the dreaded messages in my crontab that no
> NOAAport data had been received in the last 3 minutes...until I could
> finally do this:
>
> #request IDS|DDPLUS|HRS|NEXRAD3|NIMAGE ".*" 131.156.129.136
> request IDS|DDPLUS|HRS|NEXRAD3|NIMAGE ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
>
> THEN the feed kicked in.
>
> Did I do something wrong?

I don't see anything wrong with what you did.

Commenting-out the other REQUEST entry ensured that the downstream LDM process
that requests data from idd.unidata.ucar.edu will be in PRIMARY transfer mode.

Is there anything in your LDM log file near the time that the wires were
snipped from the downstream LDM process that was requesting data from
idd.unidata.ucar.edu?

> Gilbert

> Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **