[LDM #DLI-905086]: Can't get logging to work with LDm 6.11.6 on VM's

Hi Gilbert,

I decided to jump in and take a look at the setup on vm-weather3.admin.niu.edu.

What I found is that the GEMPAK decoder executables in /home/ldm/decoders
are all 32-bit, but your VM is 64 bit.  When trying to run 'dcgrib2', for
instance, by-hand, I get the following error:

% dcgrib2
dcgrib2: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.1: cannot open

So, the situation that is causing all of the problems in trying to run
GEMPAK decoders can be corrected by:

- building 64-bit GEMPAK exectuables on vm-weather3.admin.niu.edu and
  installing them in /home/ldm/decoders

  Recommended solution!

- installing 32-bit libraries that support the running of your 32-bit
  GEMPAK decoders on vm-weather3.admin.niu.edu

  This is NOT the recommended "solution".

Everything else that I looked at on vm-weather3.admin.niu.edu looks OK.

Ticket ID: DLI-905086
Department: Support LDM