[LDM #VFI-278121]: how to add a downstream LDM and change the configure of data queue

Maojun,

> Dear Sir,
>
> This is Maojun Wang,and I`m try to use LDM to translate our data product
> between
> different computers.
>
> Now I have two questions:
>
> 1 I need to add a downstream LDM, so I should to change the config file of
> the upstream
> LDM.  But I don`t want to restart the upstream LDM.How to make it?

The LDM configuration-file at the upstream site must have an ALLOW entry for
the downstream site. If you add such an entry, then the upstream LDM must be
restarted. This can be done very quickly and without losing any data via the
command "ldmadmin restart".

> 2 I make queue by commond 'ldmadmin mkqueue -f',when I execute the commond
> 'pqmon',the
> result is
>
> Oct 30 02:29:17 pqmon NOTE: nprods     nfree   nempty      nbytes
> maxprods  maxfree    minempty        maxext                age
>
> Oct 30 02:29:17 pqmon NOTE:      3            1      122066      673512
>     3                 1         122066         499329304          57516
>
> nprods always equal maxprods, nfree always equal maxfree, maybe this has a
> problem.  I
> want to change it, how to make it?

A new product-queue will appear to have 3 products in it and, because the
product-queue is new, the maximum number of products will also be 3. You may
safely ignore the output of pqmon(1) on a new product-queue.

> Best regards,
> Sincerely, Maojun Wang

Regards,
Steve Emmerson