[NOAAPORT #FDX-839863]: NWWS addition to NOAAport...how to get it?

Gilbert,

> Yes, I do have a reference:
>
> http://www.nws.noaa.gov/noaaport/document/AWIPS%20Program%20Receiver%20Configuration%20v1.1.pdf

Interesting! We didn't know that the NWWS feed would be different in this way
(we don't deal with the NWWS feed at all).

I'm afraid that we don't currently know whether one Novra will suffice to
receive both the AWIPS and NWWS feeds. We'll investigate.

It should be theoretically possible, however, for one LDM to ingest all the
streams from both feeds simultaneously because each stream uses a different
multicast address. Whether or not this is possible in practice will depend on
the performance of the ingesting computer.

> As for NOAAport and NWWS going down, they will be fed from different paths.
> If the uplink or the satellite goes down, then NWWS would go down too, but
> they have backup uplinks. usually, its server-side issues when they go
> down. Or...firewall. :-(
>
> Gilbert
> --
> ----