[LDM #EEM-529083]: proper config of ldmd.conf

Rodger,

> Thanks for your response. Our LDM runs on the same machine as the ingest of
> the feed from our dish, so there's not a REQUEST entry in our ldmd.conf. Our
> PDI NOAAPort system inserts products ingested by the dish into the LDM queue
> using a PDI program. With this in mind, is it still possible to have an IDD
> feed or two enabled through a REQUEST and not have any IDD feed actually
> start up unless the feed from the dish stops or we start losing frames in
> heavy rain or snow events. I don't want to be a burden on any of the IDD
> sites that have allowed us to connect in a backup mode.

I think the cleanest way to do what you want would be to have an LDM on a
second computer request from both your NOAAPORT ingest LDM and another IDD LDM.
The overhead of the request to the IDD LDM would be negligible unless and until
your NOAAPORT LDM went offline.

Do you have a second computer?

> Rodger

Regards,