[LDM #BIG-900661]: Terminated obsolete upstream

Brice,

I just looked at the differences between version 6.12.0 and 6.12.1 and there's
nothing that would explain the noaaportIngester(1) receiving a segmentation
violation (SIGSEGV).

Can you reinstall the LDM with support for debugging ("./configure ...
CFLAGS=-g ..."), set the LDM user's corefile size to "unlimited", run the LDM
again, and send me a dump of the noaaportIngester(1) stack trace if and when it
crashes.

We run all our LDM-s with "CFLAGS=-g". It doesn't seem to affect their
performance significantly.

> Well, this is perplexing.  I installed everything just like I did yesterday.
> When I cut over to this version it would start up and then die and corrupt
> the queue.  I looked in the logs and the noaaportIngester task listening to
> 224.0.1.3 seems to be the first thing that fails.  It was in several of the
> logs.  I've sent you the operations logs, the make.log, the config and
> configure logs and the registry.xml.
>
> Let me know what I can do to get you more information.  Just FYI, we are
> running McIDAS down here so the LDM is running under the oper account.  And
> 6.11.6 and 6.12.0 both work without a hitch.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brice

Regards,
Steve Emmerson