[LDM #VCF-686219]: LDM serial connection

Bill,

OK. I'm not certain I understand, but pqing(1) looks like it might be the
solution if you positively must use serial transmission.

Yes, you should execute the pqing(1) process via an EXEC entry in the LDM
configuration-file. This will ensure that the pqing(1) process is a member of
the LDM server's process-group and, consequently, the upstream LDM processes
that are also members of the group will receive SIGCONT signals whenever the
pqing(1) process inserts a data-product -- telling them there's a new
data-product to consider and making the transmission of the data as low latency
as possible.

> Steve,
>
> We are looking at a method for the new weather wire to have a back up data
> flow. Currently  offices point messages  for the weather wire to an uplink
> pair
> which serially sends the products to the satellite uplink equipment. To
> continue this and provide back up  with the new weather wire we are at
> looking  using the same method, but pointing  the offices to two sites that
> would feed ldm  and then the new weather wire. Not all products are  sent
> to the weather wire service.  Text products ( warnings, statements etc)
> need to reach the weather wire and the NWS web farms  when data is  not
> reaching NOAAPORT. through the NCF, which has occured.
>
> With pqing we would use an exec command in the ldmd.conf correct ?
>
> Steve as always thanks for your quick response.
>
> Bill
> --
> William Gery (KA2FNK)
> Central Region Systems Manager