[LDM #ARV-572640]: ldmd.conf issue

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> I just did the downgrade, and I didn't even get a command prompt back.
> All it said was that the Novra was not responding. I hope that just
> means that the IP address reset to 191.168.0.1.

Hmm... when I did both the upgrade and downgrade, I would lose connection
with the Novra -- it would be like CMCS was hung.  I would login into
our test machine as 'ldm' in another window and run:

<as 'ldm'>

cmcs
  list

There would be a pause and then the S300 would be shown as IP 192.168.0.1
when upgrading or 192.168.0.138 when downgrading.  I would then change
the setup for the Ethernet adapter the Novra was plugged into to be
on the 192.168.0 subnet; kill the first and second 'cmcs' invocations;
and then run 'cmcs' again and I would be able to login.

So, the possibilities are that your S300 is:

- running and just on a different subnet

- in need of a power cycle reset

re:
> I've asked Ryan if he could, sometime next week, see if it is at
> that address.

Running a second 'cmcs' invocation should show you with the IP
address of the S300 is _if_ it is running.

re:
> If not, it is truly hosed, and I am really going to be mad at
> Novra. I wonder if they have been selling the faulty firmware
> for quite some time now, since it was last revised in 2012.

I wouldn't panic just yet.

re:
> Nevertheless, thank you for putting that out there on the
> website. I appreciate it!

No worries.  I feel a bad that your downgrade did not go as smoothly as
ours did!

Later...

Ticket ID: ARV-572640
Department: Support LDM