[LDM #QAT-399075]: Pqact question

Carissa,

> So taking a much closer look at this both our production and development
> LDMs running on the supercomputer are seeing this issue with every product.
> We don't even have an ELSE in the production pqact, and they are behaving
> the same.

I'm afraid I don't understand. Are you saying that data-products are being
filed using the pathname template associated with the "^_ELSE_$" entry but that
that entry doesn't exist in the pqact(1) configuration-file?

> Randomly there is just no entry in the ldmd.log but the product
> has made it out the other side and FILEd or PIPEd.

If the pqact(1) process is logging verbosely (i.e., logging every product that
it processes), then a log message to that effect will occur for every such
product. If no such log messages exists, then that product wasn't processed by
the pqact(1) process. It must have come from somewhere else.

> Our best guess at this
> point is some sort of buffering limit is being reached. Any thoughts to
> this? I'd guess this was being done on the system side, but we just wanted
> to double confirm that LDM wouldn't reach a threshold of any kind while
> logging?

The only limits I can think of for your situation are that a data-product must
be smaller than the product-queue or 2^32 bytes -- whichever is smaller.

> Carissa Klemmer
> NCEP Central Operations
> Production Management Branch Dataflow Team
> 301-683-3835

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: QAT-399075