20150708: Question about LDM pattern-action file processing (cont.)

Hi Carol,

re: run 'ldmadmin pqactcheck' to check for gross pattern-action file errors
>I checked this and the pqact doesn't have errors, so this isn't the
>issue....

OK, it is good to know that you know about 'ldmadmin' pattern-action
file checking!

re: the extended regular expression (EREX) specified in the action that is
not running does not match the Product ID for the product that
is wanted to be processed

>What does this mean? You aren't accessing the correct action in the
>first instance?

What I mean is that the pattern portion of a pattern-action file
entry does not match the Product ID for the product desired to
be processed.

re: there is an error in the script that is being run as the second
action

>I'm thinking this is the most likely issue. I would assume that the
>scripts and all of the files that are being accessed would need to be
>owned by ldm in order for the script to work properly?

No, but they would need to be executable by the user 'ldm'.

re: use address@hidden to pose LDM inquiries

>OK will do!

Thanks!  I you can't remember the 'support-<package>' syntax for
the topic you want to ask a question about (e.g., support-ldm,
support-idd, support-mcidas, etc.), simply send the inquiry to
address@hidden and it will be driven into our inquiry
tracking system by one of us (almost always me :-).

Comment:

You didn't send the pattern-action file or the script that you
want to run.  If you send these as attachments to a reply, I will
take a look to see if anything jumps out at me.

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* address@hidden                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*