[LDM #QFT-231267]: LDM Installation Errors

Shengting,

The options given to the configure(1) script

      $ ./configure --prefix=/home/ldm --exec-prefix=/home/ldm
--oldincludedir=/home/ldm/include_old --datadir=/home/ldm/data
--htmldir=/home/ldm/html --enable-logging=local0 --with-gnu-ld
--localstatedir=/home/ldm/var --disable-max-size

caused it to incorrectly install the LDM package. In general, it's best not to
use an option unless absolutely necessary.

I recommend starting from scratch by 1) deleting the installation; 2) deleting
the source-code; 3) unpacking from the tarball; 4) executing the configure(1)
script like this:

    ./configure

then proceeding with the rest of the install.

> I am trying to install LDM on our linux HPC cluster: Aeolus, here at the
> Washington State University. I was able to go through the installation
> process. In the end, it produced the bin, include, lib, and share
> directories. In bin, it contains: regutil. In lib, it contains: libldm.a
> libldm.la  libldm.so  libldm.so.0  libldm.so.0.0.0. However, as you can see
> from the attached log files, config.log, especially, contains several fatal
> errors, although in the end, it did finish with an exit status 0. In the
> make.log, it ended with an error trying to create a directory /home/etc, for
> which it does not have permission. In the attached file ldm-install-notes,
> which concerns root action part, it gives an error about NOAAPORT. But I used
> default with this option, which means NOAAPORT was disabled. I hope that you
> can let me know whether those errors are important or I did something
> incorrect in the process. Please let me know if you need additional
> information.
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your time and effort.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: QFT-231267
Department: Support LDM