[LDM #SUE-998047]: LDM Bandwidth Limit

Greg,

Are these correct: 1) the LDM is connected to a LAN that has a bandwidth of 4.0
MHz; 2) your LDM isn't doing much local processing; and 3) your LDM isn't
relaying to other LDM-s.

What do you mean by "our speed will drop from 4.0 to 0.3-0.6 Mb/Sec"? Is the
LDM receiving data more slowly, or is that the effective bandwidth of the LAN
due to the running LDM, or is that the effective bandwidth seen by other
applications running on the same computer as the LDM?

> We run LDM here with a 4.0 Mbit/Sec download speed.
> When we run LDM with a minimal pqact  configuration
> it still takes up so much of our bandwidth that we cannot
> conduct operations.  Typically our speed will drop from
> 4.0 to 0.3-0.6Mb/Sec which is too much of a hit for us.
>
> Is there a way to limit LDM bandwidth usage?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: SUE-998047
Department: Support LDM