[LDM #WVX-983889]: ldmping failing

Greg,

The firewall rules on the LDM servers must be configured to allow incoming TCP
connections to port 388 from any port *and* allow bi-directional traffic on
such connections. Sounds like your rules either don't allow such connections or
only allow one-way traffic.

I've BCC'ed our systems administrator in case he has something to add.

> We accidently found the problem.  The Linux admin completely turned off the
> firewalls on our DEV and PROD LDM servers and things started working.  If we
> open just port 388 thru the firewalls, ldmping and xfers will not work.  For
> now, we've disabled the firewalls on our 4 LDM servers (they are all on our
> internal intranet so it shouldn't be much of a security risk).  We plan to
> work on a permanent fix next week.  Can you give us any suggestions as to how
> to configure the firewall around the REQUEST server since the return
> connection is not on port 388?  Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: WVX-983889
Department: Support LDM