[LDM #ONI-758666]: ldm test server

Hi Erik,

re:
> So, just to clarify, when you subscribe to a feed, the system is
> automatically downloading it to hard disk cache (the product queue)?  Ie
> when you run 'ldmadmin watch' it is listing everything that is being
> downloaded to product queue?

Correct.

re:
> How does the process work when you have a pair requesting the same thing?

Before a product is inserted into the LDM queue, a check is made to see if
a product with the same MD5 signature already exists in the queue.  If there
already is such a product, the new one is discarded (i.e., not put into the
queue).

re:
> Does 1 overwrite the other?

No, see above.

re:
> I pasted our config below.  It looks like each
> server had 3 servers, but verify1 has 1 of the 3 commented out.

OK.

re:
> I'm not sure if that's a recommended configuration to have each server look
> at the other.

Yes, it is recommended as this provides redundancy.

re:
> verify1
>
> request ANY     ".*"    verify2.crh.noaa.gov
> #request        ANY     ".*"    cpstage.crh.noaa.gov
> request ANY     ".*"    crh-ls-cpnrs.crh.noaa.gov
> #
> request GPSSRC  ".*"    ls1-bcq.crh.noaa.gov
> #
> # 08 jan 2014   eaf   added MADIS mesonet fetch below
> request FSL2    "^FSL\.CompressedNetCDF\.MADIS\.(metar)"
> ldm.crh.noaa.gov
> #
> # Request "Ghost" TAFs from LDM
> #
> request EXP     [A-Z]{3}WRKTAF_[0-9]{2}\.txt    ldm.crh.noaa.gov
>

> verify2
>
> request ANY     ".*"    verify1.crh.noaa.gov
> request ANY     ".*"    cpstage.crh.noaa.gov
> request ANY     ".*"    crh-ls-cpnrs.crh.noaa.gov
> #
> request GPSSRC  ".*"    ls1-bcq.crh.noaa.gov
> #
> # 08 jan 2014   eaf   added MADIS mesonet fetch below
> request FSL2    "^FSL\.CompressedNetCDF\.MADIS\.(metar)"
> ldm.crh.noaa.gov
> #
> # Request "Ghost" TAFs from LDM
> #
> request EXP     [A-Z]{3}WRKTAF_[0-9]{2}\.txt    ldm.crh.noaa.gov

These REQUESTs look OK.  For full redundancy you should uncomment the
REQUEST for ANY ".*" to cpstage.crh.noaa.gov on verify1.

In case it is not obvious: redundancy comes at the price of increased
bandwidth usage.  In most cases, this is typically not a problem.  If,
on the other hand, bandwidth is limited, then this could cause unwanted
network congestion (depending on the volumes of data being requested,
of course).

Ticket ID: ONI-758666
Department: Support LDM