[LDM #FID-470657]: firewall configuration question

Erik,

In order for your LDM to receive data from beyond the firewall, the firewall
must
be configured to allow your LDM to initiate TCP connections to port 388 beyond
the firewall.

In order for LDM's beyond the firewall to received data from your LDM, the
firewall must be configured to allow remote LDM's to initiate TCP connections to
port 388 on your LDM's host.

I hope this helps.

> Hello - we have a configuration where our LDM server sits behind a hardware
> firewall.  The firewall is configured in a standard way such that stateful
> requests are automatically allowed back in.
>
> In this setup, would we need to make a firewall entry in the hardware to
> allow tcp 388?  Does LDM make a request for data every time prior to
> receiving data?
>
> My assumption is that we would need to make a firewall rule because part of
> the installation instructions is to allow port 388 on the Linux OS level,
> but please confirm.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FID-470657