[LDM #CMI-630638]: LDM

Shengting,

> It's great to hear back from you. As always, we are grateful for all your
> help. I have a question that may be easy for you but for a beginner may not
> be that straightforward. That is: How do I stream data from the server? What
> commands do I use? Or is there a web link you can point me to to learn about
> it?

One doesn't "stream" data from the LDM system. Instead, one starts-up one or
more pqact(1) processes via EXEC entries in the LDM configuration-file and
those processes perform actions on matching incoming data-products. The most
common actions are to write the data-product to a file (FILE action) or pipe
the data-product to a "decoder" (PIPE action).

Information on the LDM configuration-file can be found at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/configuring.html#ldmd.conf>
and
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/ldmd.conf.html>

Information on the pqact(1) configuration-file can be found at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/pqact.conf.html>

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CMI-630638