[LDM #CFG-797475]: NOAA - LDM Issue

Hi again Russ,

I looked through our inquiry tracking system for instances of others reporting
situations similar to yours - unable to successfully run NOAAPort ingest inside
of a VMware virtual machine - and the one ticket that was a lot like yours was
resolved after we learned that their LDM installation was on an NFS mounted file
system, and the NFS mount was not allowing programs to run with setuid root
privilege.  As soon as the LDM was rebuilt on a file system local in the VM,
'noaaportIngester' was able to read the UDP output from their Novra S300N
with no problems.

Question:

- is your LDM installation on a local filesystem in your VM, or is it
  located on a mounted file system?

  Output from the following would be illuminating:

  grep ldm /etc/passwd

  cat /etc/fstab

  mount

Ticket ID: CFG-797475