[LDM #FWY-897682]: PIPE Function with MADIS

Justin,

> Description of problem: I am pulling in select MADIS data and trying to PIPE
> the data through the store_MADIS.sh script provided by MADIS.
>
> store_MADIS script below
>
> #!/bin/sh
> gzip -d > $1/$$.$2; F=`echo $2 | cut -c1-13`;
> #mv $1/$$.$2 $1/$F
>
> When running this script, it appears to PIPE a file with to the directory of
> interest, but also ends up with a exit 1 child error.
>
> The script is supposed to basically unzip the file I believe. Any ideas?

If the script's exiting with status 1, then it's because the last command
failed. It's hard to see how "F=`echo $2 | cut -c1-13" could fail, but the
value of $2 is unknown. Because "F" is only used in the commented-out last
line, the last command could be deleted or commented-out without affecting
the script's behavior. I suggest trying that.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FWY-897682
Department: Support LDM