[LDM #EGQ-183612]: LDM 6.13.6 build issue

Thomas,

Odd. We routinely install the LDM package on our SunOS 5.10 systems -- though
they are i386-based rather than SPARC.

What's the output of the command "uname -a" on the system in question?

What was the form of the LDM distribution? Was it the tarball from our site
(recommended) or did you clone the GitHub repository (not recommended unless
necessary)?

The configure(1) script was invoked like this:

  $ ./configure --enable-logging=localn --localstatedir=/var/ldm
--disable-max-size --with-gribinsert CC=/opt/sunstudio12.1/prod/bin/cc
CFLAGS=-xarch=native64 -O3

The "localn" should, instead, be "local0", or "local1", etc. If the default
value of "local0" is OK, then you should leave this option out.

Unless you have a previously-existing, 32-bit product-queue, then you shouldn't
use the "--disable-max-size" option.

Are you planning on inserting numerical model output in GRIB format into your
product-queue? If not, then omit the "--with-gribinsert" option.

If you want to retry building the package, then first execute the command
"make distclean" before re-executing the configure(1) script.

> I have downloaded the source code for 6.13.6 and I am trying to build for 64
> bit SPARC.  I have compiled and see no issues but when I try to build it
> using make, it errors out with the statement of missing aclocal.  I thought
> that it was only needed if the .ac or .m4 files where modified, which they
> haven't.  I am using the c compiler that comes with sun studio 12.  Before I
> locate and install GNU compiler, is there something else I am missing?  I am
> attaching the config, configure and make log files.
>
> Any assistance would be great.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: EGQ-183612