[LDM #ROJ-852250]: Cron job can't reset LDM registry?

Hi Bob,

re:
> I received the message below from Chris Godfrey. Chris G: Sorry I didn't
> see your message till this morning.
>
> I came in this morning and when I ran a ps to check for LDM processes I
> found:
>
> ldm       5500  0.1  0.1  39036 10208 ?        S    07:52   0:00
> decoders/dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_RUC.log -e
> GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
>
> ldm       7350  0.2  0.3  67648 31516 ?        S    08:00   0:00
> decoders/dcisig -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables -d
> data/gempak/logs/dcisig.log data/gempak/isig/YYYYMMDDHH_isig.gem

One would expect to see multiple GEMPAK decodes running given the
setup in the LDM pattern action file that is being used, ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf.

re:
> I was curious what would happen if I stopped LDM and restarted. I did, with
> a "ldmadmin scour", again I saw these errors when I ran the scour:
>
> (blizzard) /local/ldm > ldmadmin scour
>
> /local/ldm/ldm-6.13.6/bin/scour: line 119: cd: ~ldm/data/gempak/acft: No
> such file or directory
>
> scour: directory ~ldm/data/gempak/acft does not exist, skipping
>
> /local/ldm/ldm-6.13.6/bin/scour: line 119: cd: ~ldm/data/gempak/airm: No
> such file or directory
>
> scour: directory ~ldm/data/gempak/airm does not exist, skipping

This is very strange.  When I was logged in yesterday, and in my
current login, I see all of the various GEMPAK data directories
under ~ldm/data.  I would suspect that there was a problem with
the mounted file system, but 'mount' shows that the disk is local:

(blizzard) /local/ldm > mount
/dev/mapper/vg_atms2-data2 on /data type ext4 (rw,noatime)

re:
> When I restarted, it seemed to be fine though. I'm surprised about the
> above errors though.

Me too.  The LDM would have nothing to do with directories
not being found.

re:
> Looking at the processes I see after the stop/start:
>
> # ps gaxu |grep -e ^USER -e ^ldm
>
> USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
>
> ldm       8869  0.0  0.0  21828  1768 ?        Ss   08:05   0:00 ldmd -I
> 0.0.0.0 -P 388 -M 256 -m 354 -o 354 -q /local/ldm/var/queues/ldm.pq
> /local/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf

re:
> I don't believe there are "hung" processes. Tom, am I correct?

You are correct.  While the LDM is running, processes (e.g., decoders)
run by the LDM utility 'pqact' will show up in the process list
as will at least one 'ldmd' process (there will be one 'ldmd'
for each upstream REQUEST and downstream feed that are active along
with the lead 'ldmd' process).

Other than the very strange instances of the ~ldm/data/gempak/...
not being found, I don't see a problem.  Am I missing something?

Ticket ID: ROJ-852250
Department: Support IDD