[LDM #DGB-771229]: Fwd: Product drop at NWS sites

Hi Sathya,

[We re-directed your email into our support-email tracking system because your
question is of general interest. Hope you don't mind.]

I'll need some more information in order to diagnose the problem. Would you
please send me the output of the following commands, executed by the LDM user
on the relevant computer at the LOT site:

    regutil /server/max-latency
    gunzip -c <<directory containing this file>>/ldmd.log-20170413.gz | grep
oldest | head

I'm looking for any discrepancy between the maximum allowed latency and the
age of the oldest product in the queue. The first command will tell me the
former and the second command should give me an idea of the latter.

> Good Morning. Please find below info from frontline who works on the
> product drop issue that we were discussing last week. We increased the
> product queue size which definitely helped but still issue seems to
> persist. They tried at 2 sites where the problem was noticeable and hence
> made the changes on 04/12.
>
> DMX (Des Moines, IA) and LOT (Chicago, IL) queue size was increased this
> week to 2G vs the 500M they did have. While this appears to have helped, it
> doesn't seem to have fixed the issue. Below are the dropped products
> determined by grepping "oldest" from the ldmd log:
>

> *****DMX*****
> [root@cpsbn1-dmx ~]# cd /usr/local/ldm/logs/
> [root@cpsbn1-dmx logs]# grep oldest ldmd.log | wc -l
> 0
> [root@cpsbn1-dmx logs]# gunzip -c ldmd.log-20170413.gz | grep oldest | wc -l
> 365
> [root@cpsbn1-dmx logs]# gunzip -c ldmd.log-20170412.gz | grep oldest | wc -l
> 319
> [root@cpsbn1-dmx logs]# gunzip -c ldmd.log-20170411.gz | grep oldest | wc -l
> 4314
> [root@cpsbn1-dmx logs]# gunzip -c ldmd.log-20170410.gz | grep oldest | wc -l
> 795
> [root@cpsbn1-dmx logs]#
>

> *****LOT*****
> [root@cpsbn1-lot ~]# cd /usr/local/ldm/logs/
> [root@cpsbn1-lot logs]# grep oldest ldmd.log | wc -l
> 0
> [root@cpsbn1-lot logs]# gunzip -c ldmd.log-20170413.gz | grep oldest | wc -l
> 67
> [root@cpsbn1-lot logs]# gunzip -c ldmd.log-20170412.gz | grep oldest | wc -l
> 62
> [root@cpsbn1-lot logs]# gunzip -c ldmd.log-20170411.gz | grep oldest | wc -l
> 5835
> [root@cpsbn1-lot logs]# gunzip -c ldmd.log-20170410.gz | grep oldest | wc -l
> 836
> [root@cpsbn1-lot logs]#
>

> You can see they dropped less products since increasing the queue size
> starting with the 12th but something else is likely going on as well
> causing the issue.
>
> Can you suggest any other solution to the problem. Please let me know if
> you need any other information like config files or logs.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: DGB-771229
Department: Support LDM