[LDM #DSJ-108793]: LDM6 pqact log's time zone

Dear Simon,

I thought you were using a more recent version of the LDM.

Beginning with LDM version 6.13, the logging system was re-written to
eliminate the use of the system logging daemon (syslogd(8) or rsyslog(8)).
Among other things, this ensures that all log messages will be timestamped
in UTC.

The version you're using uses the system logging daemon -- and that daemon
is responsible for the timestamps in the log files. Apparently, your
daemon is using different timezones for the LDM and pqact(1) processes.

The LDM package can't change how your system logging daemon handles
timestamps -- only you can do that. I suggest you consult the documentation
for your system logging daemon to see if you can accomplish what you want.

> Thanks for your reply
>
> But when i start ldm and specify pqact log path
> My ldm log's message time is different than pqact log's message time
>
> For example (ldm and pqact start at 11:00:00 CST):
>
> ldm log's start massage is
> Jul 10 11:00:00 testhost ldmd[26839] NOTE: Starting Up (version: 6.12.14;
> built: Aug 10 2016 16:54:19)
>
> pqact log's start massage is
> Jul 10 03:00:00 pqact[19650] NOTE: Starting Up
>
> How can i setting ldm log's time zone to UTC , don't change system time
> zone?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: DSJ-108793