[LDM #MSE-433853]: Hourly Statistics of LDM feed

Carol,

> Ah yes I think those must be it!!
>
> I have a question about the volume graphs. Are these the total volume of
> products per hour?

Yes, for each feedtype. Each bar represents the number of bytes sent in an
hour.

> What does the red herbie to herbie products represent
> in this graph?

It represents data-products that were created on Herbie and received by the
LDM on Herbie from the immediate upstream node Herbie.

I know how this could happen but have no idea why Herbie's configured to do
it.

> Are these only products in herbie's LDM queue divided by
> color by the server that they originated from?

Each color represents a unique <source>_v_<upstream> combination, where
<source> is the name of the host on which the data-products for that
color were created and <upstream> is the name of the immediate upstream
host from which the data-products for that color were received.

> Sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to get details for the admins in
> McMurdo. They wanted to know lots of details about the bandwidth usage.
> They seem to think our servers in McMurdo take up a lot of the
> northbound bandwidth.

They should be able to check that using 3rd-party switch-monitoring
software pointed at port 388. Because the product-queue will reject a
data-product that it already contains, monitoring port 388 is likely to be
more accurate.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: MSE-433853