[LDM #MSE-433853]: Hourly Statistics of LDM feed

Carol,

> OK I've got another example for you. Another one of our servers,
> composite.ssec.wisc.edu, which doesn't have any entries in it's REQUEST
> section of the ldmd.conf. Thus, this server only sends data-products
> which were created on Composite and received by a downstream LDM on
> Composite.

I think you mean "received by a downstream LDM on a host other than
Composite" because Composite doesn't have any REQUEST entries.

> Here are the rtstats for Composite.
>
> http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?EXP+composite.ssec.wisc.edu
>
> My question is then, how are data-products created on a machine and
> inserted into it's own downstream LDM

I think you mean "created on a machine and inserted into its product-queue".

> supposed to be defined in the graph?

I suspect that the <host>_v_<same host> labels are an artifact of the
graphing software (for which I'm not responsible). You can verify this by
executing the command "pqcat -vl- -O >/dev/null" on Composite (the "-O"
option causes the origin field to be printed). Do the origin fields contain
the same host name twice?

> I think at one point there was a REQUEST for herbie on herbie, but it
> definitely doesn't exist right now.

That's good.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson