[LDM #TCW-702523]: downstream LDM server not receiving all data (e.g. nexrad) from local LDM/NOAAPORT ingest systems

Hi Gregg,

Execute the "ulimit -r" command in the bash(1) or sh(1) shell.

I found this discussion on StackExchange:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/207762/why-sudo-user-can-use-sched-setscheduler-sched-rr-while-root-can-not/511261#511261

You might try disabling cgroup scheduling by executing the command

    sysctl -w kernel.sched_rt_runtime_us=-1

as root to see if that fixes the problem.

I don't believe the thread-creation problem is related to the Novra.

> There is NO LDM running inside a Docker.
>
> Here is the output from your request:
> [ldmcp@sbn2 ~/logs]$ *ulimit -r*
> ulimit: Command not found.
> [ldmcp@sbn2 ~/logs]$ *sysctl kernel.sched_rt_runtime_us*
> kernel.sched_rt_runtime_us = 950000
> [ldmcp@sbn2 ~/logs]$
>
> This morning we tried swapping the NOVRA out with a known NOVRA from
> another working system and this did NOT resolve the noaaportIngester
> existing problem.  So it seems safe to say the NOVRA has been ruled out as
> a cause.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: TCW-702523