[LDM #BSF-129906]: ldmd.conf question

Tiffany,

> - echo $HOSTALIASES - no output

No gethostbyname(3) alias file. Ok.

> - cat /etc/hosts.conf - for this one there isn't a hosts.conf but there is a
> host.conf

My mistake. "host.conf" is correct.

> and a hosts
> [tmsweene@srphyldm01 etc]$ cat hosts
> 127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
> ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
> 10.199.102.202  localhost.srp.gov localhost srphyldm01.srp.gov srphyldm01
> 148.126.102.53  tdwr-nat

Small /etc/hosts file will irrelevant entries. Ok.

> [tmsweene@srphyldm01 etc]$ cat host.conf
> multi on

Have the resolv+ library return all valid addresses for a host that appears in
/etc/hosts, instead of only the first. Resolution order is the default:
named(8), then etc/hosts. Ok.

> -  ps -ef | grep named - did both sudo user and ldm user
> [tmsweene@srphyldm01 /]$ ps -ef | grep named
> tmsweene  7318 15403  0 12:43 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto named
>
> [ldm@srphyldm01 ~]$ ps -ef | grep named
> ldm       7562  7354  0 12:44 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto named

No resolver daemon running. Ok.

> - grep dontpanic /etc/hosts - no output!

Target host doesn't appear in /etc/hosts. Ok.

I think I might know the problem. For completeness, however, would you please
send me the output of the command

    env | grep RESOLV

Regards,
Steve Emmerson