[LDM #OBJ-220771]: Problems installing LDM

Hi Christian,

> Since a few LDM releases, when I do a make install of a LDM version I
> configure and compile, the wrapper libtool scripts are getting installed in
> the bin directory, so it does not work.
>
> more /home/ldm/ldm-6.13.16/bin/pqutil
> > #! /bin/bash
> > # pqutil - temporary wrapper script for .libs/pqutil
> > # Generated by libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
> > #
> > # The pqutil program cannot be directly executed until all the libtool
> > # libraries that it depends on are installed.
> > #
> > # This wrapper script should never be moved out of the build directory.
> > # If it is, it will not operate correctly.
>

> I am on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS.
>
> I tried to remove the system-wide libtool but it did not make any
> difference...

That's bizarre! Needless to say, I've never encountered this before.

Would you please try installing from scratch: delete the distribution directory
(src) *and* the installation directories (bin, lib, include, share). Then
unpack, configure, build, and install. Be sure to save the output from the
configure(1) script and the make(s).

If the same problem occurs, then send me the file "config.log" and the outputs
from the configure(1) script and the make(s).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: OBJ-220771
Department: Support LDM