[LDM #GKJ-401487]: Repeated readtcp EOF and RPC layer closed logging

Hi Carl,

Steve pointed out to me that I had missed the email from you below...
my apologies!

re:
> Sorry to be so dim on this but is the pattern I have below in my pqact.conf
> correct for capturing those soundings (USAK17, UMAK17, USUS46, UMUS46).?
> IDS|DDPLUS      ^U[MS](....) (....)
> FILE    -close  /data_store/dropbox/\1

The best way to check to see if an extended regular expression pattern
that is to be used in pattern-action file action is to use the LDM
utility 'notifyme'.  Here is what I just ran on one or our public facing
data serving machines that is getting its LDM/IDD data feeds from
idd.unidata.ucar.edu:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f "IDS|DDPLUS" -p "^U[MS](....) (....)" -o 1000000

As you can see, I used the pattern that you indicated you are using
in your pattern-action file action.

The 'notifyme' invocation showed that USAK, UMAK, USUS and UMUS messages
are being received, so they definitely are in the "IDS|DDPLUS" feed
from idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Given this, I would say that the matching
part of your pattern-action file action is OK.  What I can not comment
on is the argument to FILE as I am not well versed enough in AWIPS/EDEX
configuration to know if what you have is what is needed.

re:
> It doesn't seem to work for me, so if it's correct, there must be an issue
> with my AWIPS config.

You could run this question by our AWIPS folks to make sure...

Ticket ID: GKJ-401487
Department: Support LDM