[LDM #QXG-262594]: Level II radar data processing

Hi Bongchul,

> I need some more help to start LDM at boot-time.
> I copied your script, made necessary changes (please see attached), tried to
> run it, and get an error message below:
>
> (base) ldm@rs91xm7y3:~$ ./startldm.sh
> ./startldm.sh: line 13: syntax error near unexpected token `"Starting LDM
> system..."'
> ./startldm.sh: line 13: `        $LOG  "Starting LDM system..."'

The above is consistent with the variable LOG being undefined or a blank string.

> One more question: I add a cron job to run this script at startup (e.g.,
> @reboot /home/ldm/ldm_processing/startldm.sh) but think that it requires
> root password (from su - ldm) if the cron job is running on the ldm account.

The "@reboot" entry shouldn't require root privileges.

Are there any error messages from cron?

> Are there any different ways to run the script at boot-time?

Yes, your system administrator can configure the operating system to execute
the LDM at boot-time.

Are you the system administrator? If so, what's your system?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: QXG-262594
Department: Support Level II