20000323: XSECTG and MDX produced THAE analyses

>From: Bill Fingerhut <address@hidden>

Bill,

>I am having trouble creating a vertical cross section of
>THAE with XSECTG. (From the latest RAOB data)
>
>I use UCC to create grids of THAE at several mandatory levels.
>I call XSECTG, which draws the cross section, reports a
>floating point error, erases the current frame, and closes
>the display window.

I would like to get a copy of the file with the THAE grids in it so
I can trace down this bug in XSECTG.  Can you make this available?

>I recall having trouble before passing UCC created grids to
>XSECTG.

I don't recall this ever being sent to support.  Am I forgetting something?

>For another parameter, I switched to PTCON to create
>the girds. That worked okay. However, I don't see that
>PTCON will easily compute values of THAE.

The immaturity of the ADDE commands is one of the reasons I havn't
converted my MCGUI to ADDE yet.  I agree that the calculation
of THAE using PTCON is not straightforward.  Currently, you would
have to greate grids and then use GRDCPY.

>What do you suggest?

Let me find the bug in XSECTG so you can get back on track.

Tom