20000323: Unidata GINI ADDE server code

>From: David Harper <address@hidden>

Dave,

>I got a reply and got the policies.  It looks like we won't have a problem
>using the system for our project.

Can you be more specific on this (for our records)?  Who did you contact
and what specifically did they say?

>Can we get the code from you for this?

Are we talking about the source code for my GINI ADDE server or are we
talking about the set of code that could be run on a machine to provide
the GINI to netCDF conversion (we talked about both possibilities on
Wednesday)?

I can put together a compressed tar file for the former very quickly
(BTW, I updated the code the night before last to account for varying
length Product Information Blocks (what I was referring to as the
transmission header during our meeting)).  The latter would require
either putting together a binary "distribution" for which I would have
to know the specifics about the machine/OS it is to be run on, or a
severely paired down source distribution.  The source distribution
would take a lot longer since I would have to figure out the set of
code that was needed (McIDAS is _big_).

I would appreciate getting one or two of the GINI image files that your
sites will be using to see if the code works correctly on them.  If the
GINI files you have access to in RAP come from a different ingestion
system than the ones your sites will use, I would appreciate an example
file from each system (unless they are identical).

Tom