20000330: Unidata GINI ADDE server code (cont.)

>From: David Harper <address@hidden>
>RedHat Debian

Dave,

>Wait, now I am confused again.  I thought the ADDE server could be run
>locally?

It can.  My comment about running the McIDAS remote ADDE server was
'If' you want to run it:

"If you eventually want the remote McIDAS ADDE server to work,"...

Here is why your sites _might_ want to run it:  if there are multiple
machines at their installation, and if they want to run the conversion
process on more than one machine, then installing the remote ADDE server
would make sense for them.

>We can give you access to get set up on most of the machines, but once we
>put it out on the range access is going to be pretty much cut off.

I didn't mean to have access to your Army sites.  My comments were aimed
at setting things up at RAP to get the minimum set of code that would do
the job.

>I'm verifying the OS as I believe we are making a move to redhat, I just
>don't know when.

OK.

Tom

>From address@hidden  Tue Apr  4 08:12:41 2000
>Subject: Re: 20000330: Unidata GINI ADDE server code (cont.)

Somehow I missed this email until this morning.  Sorry about the delay.

OK, good.  Actually they won't ever see the GINI files (I expect) so we
should be the only users of the converter.  I doubt they know netCDF
anyway.

I am working on getting thigs set up over here, but our sys-admin comes
in a little later.  I'll let you know when we get things arranged on
our side.

Thanks,
Dave