20000410: windfall status

>From: "Jennie L. Moody" <address@hidden>

Tony,

>We rebooted windfall, then after a few minutes of normal running, the
>screen locked up over some SCSI bus error during a tape backup. THEN
>(two hours after our support got my message) we did a hard reboot
>without turning off the ldmadmin.

Bummer!

>So basically the reboot was pretty messy and the computer was hung for
>two hours, but it's running fine now. So tell me, does the queue need to
>be deleted? We haven't deleted it yet, but we will doso if we don't see
>new files after an hour.

You don't need to remake the queue UNLESS it gets munged.  Remaking it
in a situation like this would not hurt, however, since you lost the
last hours worth of data anyway (when the queue gets remade, the LDM
requests the previous hour's worth of data from its upstream feeder(s)).

Please let me know if this clears up the XCD GRID decoding problem.

Tom