20000418: Hodo command in McIdas messes up map drawing (fix)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

>Found a bug, I believe, in the HODO program.

I found the cause of the bug and fixed it.  I then quickly added the
fix to the McIDAS addendum that I have been working on for the past
several days.

The problem was in the program SNDHODO (HODO runs SNDHODO):  the
program was saving zero values into the User Common locations used to
store graphic line information (dash pattern lengths, line widths,
etc.).  The writing of zero values to these locations only occurred
when SNDHODO processed a sounding that hand no (or too little) wind
information.  In this case, the program was writing values from
internal variables that had not yet been initialized with valid values
from User Common.  The change was a simple addition of logic to see
whether or not UC values had been saved upon program startup.  If they
had, then they are restored on exit.  If they hadn't, there is no
reason to restore them, so the code doing this is skipped.

I just announced the availability of the latest McIDAS addendum that
contains the fix for SNDHODO.  Please let me know if you have any
questions.

Tom