20000503: ldm/mcidas at WMU (cont.)

>From: "Leonard J. Peirce" <address@hidden>

Leonard,

Elen Cutrim requested:
>>Can you help Tom Yoksas with the road block on the McIDAS installation?

You replied:

>I've set up /ilya2 on s418 for use by the mcidas account.  It should
>have more than enough disk space for the build.

The problem wasn't lack of disk space in the original HOME directory
for McIDAS, it was a limit on amount of disk allowed to be used.   Has
this changed?  I should know this from looking, but I have been unable
to logon to s418 today.  I get the following:

Accounting files are currently being updated.  Please try back in a few minutes.

Thanks...
Connection closed by foreign host.

I believe that I have the correct login information, but I may be mistaken.

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Fri May  5 15:39:33 2000
>From: "Leonard J. Peirce" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000503: ldm/mcidas at WMU (cont.)

re: The problem wasn't lack of disk space in the original HOME directory
    for McIDAS, it was a limit on amount of disk allowed to be used.   Has
    this changed?

>Huh?  The disk quota on the mcidas account *does* limit the amount of disk
>space to be used.  The quota was set at 150,000 blocks and it was used
>up.  If you need a lot of space to build software I suggest you do it in
>/ilya2 since it has a lot more space than we can give the mcidas account.

>I've increased the disk quota on the mcidas account to 200,000 blocks.
>We can't easily allocate more for it since /home7 (where the account
>lives) is currently 96% full.

re: I have been unable to logon to s418 today

>Try it now.  Periodically we need to lock logins while we're creating accounts
>on the system.

>- Leonard

>From address@hidden Fri May  5 16:03:22 2000
>Subject: Re: 20000503: ldm/mcidas at WMU (cont.)

Hi Tom,

It is already 5:40 here in Michigan.  I hope Leonard Peirce, our Sun
network manager at WMU will have the s418 fixed by Monday.

My colleague, Charles "Jay" Emerson  and I are going to enroll for the
UNIDATA Fall Workshop.  He has a good knowledge of Unix administration and
probably will keep our lab going more effectively.  Have a great
weekend!

Have a nice weekend!

Elen
Elen Cutrim, Acting Chair