20000616: Training workshop and documentation

>From: Craig Motell <address@hidden>

Craig,

>I am going to be working with NWS in Honolulu.

Sounds good to me.  Any chance of someone there flying me over for a
site visit :-)

>For my colleague, I was wondering what your training
>schedule is this summer?

Our next training workshops are scheduled for October.  I have included
the announcement at the end of this note.

>Also, when will 7.70 be out officially? NWS was asking
>me this, I like 7.6 so I don't care yet!

SSEC released 7.70 about three weeks ago.  I have been working on the
Unidata release, and I hope to have it ready by the end of July.

>Lastly, if you wanted to print the Mcidas 7.6 manual,
>what would be the best way to get a copy. Perferably
>a copy that has everything in one file?

The SSEC McIDAS Users Guide is available as PostScript (tm) files (not
one, sorry) from the unix/760/docs/users_guide/ps subdirectory of our
passworded McIDAS FTP account.  The Unidata additions/modifications are
only available as web pages.

>thank you,

Later...

Tom